However, I couldn't make it easy on him. Oh no, this takes work. So Josh had to answer all my questions using only lines from his book.
You know what though? He showed me! His answers are fantastic! Take a look.
1. Leverage is being made into a movie. What’s the tagline for your movie poster?
"Sometimes, sir, there's just a meanness in this world." Kurt, Chapter 2
2. Other than gymnastics (and writing of course) what would you say is your favorite way to pass the time?
"Having a nice nap, Mr. Meehan?" Mr. Klech (Danny's algebra teacher), Chapter 1
3. Getting down to more about the book, what would you say to people who might be a little afraid of your cover?
"What kind of pansy camp do you think I'm running here?" Coach Brigs (Football Coach) Chapter 14
"You can't just party with kings...without a little suffering first. You got to pay some membership dues. But you're in now. You're golden." Scott, Chapter 12
4. What would you say to the readers out there who might have gone through a similar experience to the characters in the book?
"Guys, you may think you're alone out there, but you're not." Coach Nelson (Gymnastics Coach) Chapter 11
5. Is there anything you are hoping that people will walk away with after reading Leverage?
"Being a hero usually isn't much fun. It's terrifying, most of the time, right up until the point you make it out safe. It's being scared to do the right thing and doing it anyway. You remember that next time you're frightened." Coach Nelson (Gymnastics Coach) Chapter 59
6. What advice do you have for all those aspiring writers out there?
"One step, a voice whispers to me. One step. Just take one step. Don't think. Just step." Danny, Chapter 55
Now I'm sure you're intrigued as to wanting to read Leverage am I correct? Well let me help you out! Here are some links, as well as a book cover and a synopsis. Stop back soon to see my review as well.
The football field is a battlefield.
There’s an extraordinary price for victory at Oregrove High. It is paid on—and off—the football field. And it claims its victims without mercy—including the most innocent bystanders.
When a violent, steroid-infused, ever-escalating prank war has devastating consequences, an unlikely friendship between a talented but emotionally damaged fullback and a promising gymnast might hold the key to a school’s salvation.
Told in alternating voices and with unapologetic truth, Leverage illuminates the fierce loyalty, flawed justice, and hard-won optimism of two young athletes.