Good morning bookworms! It's time, once again, for a new book to be in the spotlight. L.A. Starkey is touring Deceived, the beginning of the Soul Keeper Series, and I'm please to be one of the stops! The concept of soul mates has always intrigued me. Since that's the basis of Starkey's new book? Well, I'm pretty well excited.
They say a soul is the immaterial essence, the animating principle, the actuating cause of an individual life.
But what if you had to share yours with the one person you hated the most?
The soul mate principle states that for every one soul there is another that will recognize its match, hence creating the perfect union.But what if you had two soul mates, which would you choose?What if your choices had eternal ramification?Deceived, the debut novel in the Soul Keeper Series, is a modern day love story about the implications of having more than one soul mate, and having to choose between the two of them. The decisions of the gods has left the next generation, their heirs, torn between fate and reality, and the balance of the future hangs in anticipation of what’s to come.
Does this sound like a book right up your alley? Well, I have some good news! L.A. Starkey has not only graciously agreed to answer my Top 10 List questions, but has also provided a giveaway copy just for you! So scroll on down, enjoy the post, and don't forget to enter.
1. Spend time with my family – I have two teenage daughters, a nine year old son and love spending time with all of them. My hubby is my best friend, so we do everything together from cooking dinner to movies to running a few businesses. I love, love, love my family.
2. Writing books – I used to put reading books here and where I still LOVE to read, my focus has shifted a little thanks to all of the voices running around in my skull that want a moment of immortalization via my books. :-)
3. Trying new food – I’m a total foodie. My hubby and I love trying new things, both in going out to a new restaurant or in the kitchen. I grew up in a house where it wasn’t, “What stores are we going to today on our shopping trip?” It was, “Where are we eating lunch and then we’ll plan the stores around that.” Being a foodie is in my blood and I love it.
4. Sleep – oh man do I love sleeping. Slipping into cold sheets and leaving the world of to-do’s and to-done’s to find a handsome vampire and rule the world together? Are you kidding? So there…
5. Singing – I lead worship at church and enjoy almost every type of music, so it’s rare to find me not listening to something and of course – singing along.
6. Creating – My mind works in a wild sporadic pattern of creating almost constantly. Yes I’m tired most often, but I spend a lot of time creating new things. Whether it be a new book, or a craft project, or a business, I’m usually always thinking up something new.
7. Ride rollercoasters – the bigger and faster – the better. I’m all about riding a rollercoaster. We live about 4 hours from Dallas and 4 hours from San Antonio, the only two cities near us that have rollercoasters. Every summer we usually buy season passes to the parks and drive the 8 hour trip just to ride rides all day. Crazy, I know…
8. Read a good book – There is just nothing better than curling up somewhere (my bed in prep for a nap – hellllllo vampire king) and reading a great story. I started writing stories simply because as a reader of SO many books, I realized that I could give the same pleasure I received by reading simply by writing for others. I love reading my own books and can’t tell you how good it feels to hear from other readers that my books have taken them from the drones of reality from time to time.
9. Going to the Movies – I love going to see a new movie on the big screen. The theatre just down the street from our house just did an upgrade and now all of the seats are leather and huge! I feel like queen of the hill in there. (Clap, clap… “Bring me a martini” – or popcorn and soda will do.)
10. Going on Vacation – our family tries to take 2 mini-vacations a year, one being bigger than the other. The first is always after Christmas. We take the whole family, including my mom, dad and brother with us somewhere. This year is was San Antonio for two days to eat it up and see the lights. The bigger vacation is usually Branson, San Diego, Florida – somewhere fun for the kids and a longer break for me and Jacob.
Laurie Starkey is the author of the upcoming Soul Keeper Series, a supernatural young adult series, and The Liarus Detective Series, a supernatural middle grade series. She lives in Houston, Texas with her husband, Jacob and three beautiful kiddos.
She is a CPA by trade, a church planter and entrepreneur at heart; however, writing and reading are passions she just can’t help but indulge in. With more ideas than one person should be allowed, she is blessed to have a muse that doesn’t seem to take a vacation and more energy that one might consider healthy.