The ever lovely Tara Hudson is here today! *cue a cheering crowd* I just finished Hereafter and I have to tell you, seriously, it's amazing. Lucky for me I have Arise to dive into AND lucky for all of you Tara is here to share some more about herself! It's double the awesome.
Amelia—still caught between life and death—must fight for every moment of her relationship with the human boy Joshua. They can hardly even kiss without Amelia accidentally dematerializing. Looking for answers, they go to visit some of Joshua’s Seer relatives in New Orleans. But even in a city so famously steeped in the supernatural, Amelia ends up with more questions than answers…and becomes increasingly convinced that she and Joshua can never have a future together.Wandering through the French Quarter, Amelia meets other in-between ghosts, and begins to seriously consider joining them. And then she meets Gabrielle. Somehow, against impossible odds, Gaby has found a way to live a sort of half-life...a half-life for which Amelia would pay any price. Torn between two worlds, Amelia must choose carefully, before the evil spirits of the netherworld choose for her.
Ooooh. So much goodness! I'm psyched to read this and I hope you are too. Click the book cover to add it to your TBR if you haven't done so already.
Now, I give you Tara Hudson's favorite movie quotes! Enjoy!
Top 10 Favorite Movie Quotes
10. “Human sacrifice, cats and dogs living together…mass hysteria!” - Ghostbusters
9. “Well, Jim…I’ve got some bad news.” – 28 Days Later
8. “Congratulations. You just killed a placemat.” – The Hunger Games
7. “You’re short, your bellybutton sticks out too far, and you’re a terrible burden on your poor mother.” – Ghostbusters II (frequently said to my toddler son)
6. “You wanna feel how hard I can punch?” - Zombieland
5. “Sorry, my Prada’s at the cleaner’s, along with my hoodie.” – The Social Network
4. “Now I’ve asked you forty different ways and it’s time to come up with a fresh answer” – Walk the Line (Johnny Cash to June Carter)
3. “Hope. It’s the only thing stronger than fear.” – The Hunger Games
2. “That’s a big Twinkie.” - Ghostbusters
1. “Shh…do you smell that?” - Ghostbusters
Big thanks to Tara and the Teen Book Scene!