Today Amanda Grace (or Mandy Hubbard depending on who you ask *wink*) is here to share some little know items about herself! Getting to know an author better is one of my favorite things.
She is on tour in honor of her newest book, In Too Deep. Click the book cover to add it to your Goodreads list.
I never meant for anyone to get hurt. All I wanted to do that night was make a play for Carter Davis. His heartless rejection was mortifying, but people got the wrong idea when they saw me leaving his bedroom, crying. That’s how rumors of rape started.
Now girls at school are pouring out their sympathy to me. Guys too. But not everyone’s on my side. The school has become a war zone and the threats are getting scary. What began as poetic justice has morphed into something bigger-forcing me to make a terrible choice.
So without further ado, I'll let her take it away!
- I was married in the church where my parents married.
- My first kiss came when I was atop a horse.
- I have broken my foot, thumb, and collar bone. In my August book, DANGEROUS BOY, the main character breaks her collar bone.
- I was not a writer until I was 20.
- My middle name is Grace. That’s where the pen-name, Amanda Grace comes from. I am not, however, graceful.
- I live down the street from Stadium High School, the castle-like high school in TEN THINGS I HATE ABOUT YOU. It’s just as gorgeous in person.
- I always thought I liked roller coasters, until I went t a big theme park last summer, instead of an itty bitty county fair. Turns out they really freak me out.
- I do, however, LOVE to swim.
- I wrote Prada & Prejudice because I ADORE regency romances, and I want to go to that time period and dance with an earl. So I just wrote a book in which the character actually did that.
- I took welding class in high school. I was the only girl in the class of 25.
Mandy Hubbard, also-known-as Amanda Grace, is the author of Prada & Prejudice, You Wish, But I Love Him, and several other YA novels. She is also a literary agent for D4EO Literary, where she represents authors of middle grade and teen fiction. Her leading clients include Jessica Martinez (Virtuosity, Simon Pulse) Lanie Bross, (Fates, Delacorte) and Imogen Howson (Linked, Simon & Schuster Books For Young Readers). She is currently living happily ever after with her husband and young daughter in Tacoma, Washington.