It's that time again! Time to set some new goals, and get to work accomplishing them.
First let's take a look at my goals for last year and how I did.
1. Read on my own time. I promised myself I wouldn't stress out if I didn't have as much time to read, and I didn't! Accomplished.
2. Post, or not. Again, one that was my fault. I was making myself feel awful for not posting even if it was once in a great while. I stopped doing that this year. Accomplished.
3. Comment MORE. This one was a hit or miss. Some weeks I commented a lot, others not so much. I think I'll move this one over and try to work on it more! Working on this.
3a. Clean out my feed reader. Yup. Did this! I cut down the blogs I read to a chosen few, and I read them every day. Accomplished.
4. Promote my blog design. Eh. I kind of fell out of love with this for the moment. We'll call this one a goal of passion. That passion is gone at the moment.
5. Put myself out there more often. Did this too! Still will too. If you need help with anything, lists, blog questions, images, you let me know. I'm here to help. Accomplished.
Now for the bright, shiny, 2012 goals.
1. Comment regularly on other blogs.
See how I changed that? It can be one blog a day, or 4 blogs a week. Regularly to me means that I'm interacting as much as I can at the time.
2. Work on revamping all my old posts.
Now that I have a layout that I love and don't plan on changing, it's time to fix the SEO and format of all my old posts. This is going to be tedious and frustrating, but heck! I have a whole year!
3. Break out of my reading box.
TLC Book Tours has helped me massively with breaking out of my little reading comfort zone. I read Historical Romance and Urban Fantasy last year. Both of which I'd never even thought about trying before. I want to do more of that!
4. Create a better system for managing review books.
Between ebook review requests, Netgalley requests, print books I agree to review, and print books that just randomly show up, I get between 10 and 20 books a month. A lot of those sit unread because I forget about them. I still don't want to set a strict schedule for reading (that's what made me almost shut down this blog), but I do want to make them easier to access when I'm ready for something new!
5. Go back to the days of more posts like this.
I took on so much this year that most of my posts are reviews, guest posts and the like. That's great! That's what I'm here to share. However once a month (or maybe twice) I want to make a space for posts like this. To say hi! To share progress. To ramble at you all. So...you know...you remember I'm not a robot or something?
And there you go. I am going to get started right now, and at the end of this year I'll give you an update again :). Wish me luck! Also good luck on all your goals!