I'd like to welcome Jillian Dodd to the blog today! She's the author of That Boy, a book which I've been intrigued by since I saw it on Goodreads.
Today she's here to share with us her preferences in a game of This or That? Take a look! Maybe you share some commonalities!
1) Cake or Pie? I’m not big on fruit, so I’ve never liked pies much. The exception to that is Peanut Butter Pie, which I love and make often. I love cake. My mom used to make me Red Velvet cake for my birthday every year. Now though, I’m allergic to gluten, so I don’t get cake very often :(
2) Physical CDs or MP3s? I have a lot of CDs that I listen to in my car, but the ipod on my iphone is much easier to deal with and it doesn’t scratch!
3) Chocolate or Fruit Candy? Chocolate for sure. My favorite thing ever is milk chocolate truffles. Oh and chocolate ganache. With whipped cream. Or Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake. I could talk about chocolate for a really long time. I’ll stop now.
4) Rain or Snow? I grew up in Nebraska, where we had lots of snow. My mom would bundle me all up and make me go out and play, but I always was back inside fast. I love snow. It’s so pretty, but I hate the cold. My husband took me snow skiing when we were dating. I hated it. It was so cold. He keep stopping and blowing warm air into my gloves, so my hands would stay warm. I’m pretty sure at one point, I sat in the snow and cried. After one trip up and down the mountain, we agreed that I would sit in the lodge by the fire, cook soup and read, while he went out and skied. It was a good arrangement. We live in Texas now, and it’s perfect. In the winter, I watch the snow fall on the weather channel, then go out and enjoy the warm weather. So I guess the answer would be rain. I do think thunderstorms are cool. Like not the devastating hail and tornado type, just the cool thunder and lightening type.
5) Fruits or Veggies? Really, neither. I am a really picky eater. Drove my mom crazy. I’ll eat apples, preferably with carmel on them. Salads, spinach, corn. That’s about it.
6) Dance or Sing? Wow. I suck at both. Really. I love to sing, know the words to every song I have ever heard, but my voice is not good. And I can’t really dance very well either. I used to tell my mom I had no talents. Which ruined my dreams of being a pop star or Miss America. Actually, I never dreamed of that. Growing up, I wanted to be a spy.
7) Walk or Run? Lately I have been jogging. We have a Labrador puppy named Camber Lacey, who has lots and lots of energy. If we jog in the morning, she is generally better behaved while I try to write. She’s so cute, I can hardly stand it.
8) Know exactly where you are going or Wander aimlessly? I prefer to wander aimlessly. When driving places that I go to often, I take different routes to keep it from getting boring. I don’t like to use GPS, I look at a map and figure out where I’m going. So in that sense, I like to know where I’m going. That’s one thing I share with Jadyn. We don’t like being told what to do. I don’t even like it when the GPS tells me where to go.
9) Outdoors or Indoors? I love to be outdoors, but I’m not an outdoor girl. Does that even make sense? I love to be outside, but I don’t like outside work. Don’t like to garden, camp, get dirty. I like to sit outside, preferably with a drink and my computer. I don’t really use my home office. I take my computer outside on our covered porch and work there most of the day while the dog runs around in the backyard.
10) Vacation close to home or Take off? Take off. I love to travel and experience new places. Especially when they involve fine foods, beautiful hotels, and a great view. Oh and some wine too, please.
Thanks so much for having me here today. If you’d like to follow me on Twitter, I’m @jilliandodd. I have a blog http://www.jilliandodd.wordpress.com. And the big news is that I’m working hard to release the sequel called That Wedding in January. The book covers a much shorter time period, only five months, so you get a day to day look into the character’s lives, instead of just little snippets. Check out the blog and twitter for more information!!