I'm lucky to have Julie Anne Peters stopping by with a character interview! Her new book, She Loves You, She Loves You Not... is utterly fantastic and I had the awesome opportunity to interview Alyssa, the main character. I love her answers! Take a look!
1) Welcome Alyssa! Let's start with something fun. You receive a free trip to anywhere in the world you want to go. Where do you choose?
Wow. Anywhere? Canada. (Answer deeply influenced by Finn’s birthplace J.)
2) How would you describe yourself in just three words?
Out Proud Lesbian
3) How would you describe Carly?
God, I don’t know. One minute she’s cool and the next she’s the most selfish, self-centered person I know.
4) Are you glad that Sarah happened, or if you could go back and undo it would you?
I learned a lot about myself through what I call the “Sarah betrayal.” I know now how resilient I can be, and that time and distance helps heal a broken heart. Even though I learned what I want and don’t want in a relationship, Finn shows up and… well, you know the story from there.
5) Something a little lighter. Who would you say your all time celebrity crush is?
God, this is embarrassing. Chris Colfer from Glee. In my defense, he seems to be a sweet and gentle person inside—besides having a voice to die for. Keira Knightly’s is h-h-hot. So is Sandra Bullock. I had a huge crush on Shane—Katherine Moennig—from The L Word, but then I read she was married, and I was, like, bleh L.
6) What is one guilty pleasure that you have?
Losing myself in music. I could lie around for days plugged into my nano.
7) Finally, and thanks for playing along, what is one hope that you have for the future?
Stability. Love. A home that feels like home. I’m taking poetic license to combine all three into one hope.