A treat for you all today! Janet Gurtler, author of the upcoming books I'm Not Her and If I Tell, is here today to share some character love! This is always my favorite type of post.
I asked her what 10 things her character Tess (from I'm Not Her) might not want you, dear readers, to know about her. Let's uncover some juicy character secrets, shall we?
10 things Tess Might Not Want You to Know About Her.
1. Her favourite show is Myth Busters.
2. Tess still has the blankie she slept with every night for the first six years of her life. She has it hidden on the top shelf of her closet. Her mom once tried to throw it away and she had a fit.
3. Tess stayed off of Facebook until her sister got sick, because she was afraid no one would friend her.
4. Tess has a picture of her favourite artist in her locker. Randy McGovern. She also likes Robert Bateman.
5. Tess would rather sketch than go to a party.
6. Tess was addicted to Pokemon cards as a kid
7. When Tess was in Grade One she wanted to be a contestant on American Idol. She worshipped Paula Abdul and performed a dance routine to STRAIGHT UP.
8. Tess is picked last for every sports team in gym class
9. One year she dressed up as a boy for Halloween and no one got her costume.
10. Tess’s middle name is Elizabeth, after the Queen. Her initials sound the same as her name. (TES)
Thank you so much for sharing Janet, and Tess of course!
Here's a little more info on the book for you all, in case you've somehow been living under a rock and missed it. Add it to your reading list now!
Brainy Tess Smith is the younger sibling of the beautiful, popular, volleyball-scholarship-bound Kristina. When Kristina is diagnosed with bone cancer, it drastically changes both sisters' lives. Sometimes the things that annoy us the most about our siblings are the ones we'd miss the most if we lost them.
In this YA literary coming-of-age novel that will appeal to readers who love Jodi Picoult and Sarah Dessen, sisters Tess and Kristina discover not only who they are, but who they can become.
Add in on Goodreads