Happy Saturday everyone!
Isn't this a gorgeous cover? I just thought I'd start off by saying that, because every time I see this cover I have to stop and stare. I'm loving the tattoos on the back! Click the book for more info.
Anyhow I digress. Tracy Deebs is stopping by my blog today to share a little bit more about her with you! The best part? She's bringing a giveaway to tempt you to read her book (pun totally intended).
Let's take a look at Tracy's Top 10 Favorite YA Books!
I love reading. I love everything about reading, from the smell of the bookstore to how a book—or e-reader—feels in my hands to the absolute joy that comes from immersing myself in a great book. Through the years, I’ve been priviledged to read tens of thousands of books, many of which made an impact on me. Below is a list of a few of the books I’ve read and loved in the last year.
1. Little Brother by Cory Doctorow (this book is one of the most amazing YAs I’ve read in a long time. The protagonist is awesome—one of those characters you can just really get behind.
2. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (what’s not to love about this book—Katniss is amazing)
3. For the Win by Cory Doctorow (I learned more from this book than from almost any other fiction novel I’ve ever read)
4. Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger (Okay, so this year is not the first year I’ve read this book, but it’s still great. I’ve read it at least once a year since I was sixteen and I love it more each time. In fact, I collect Catcher in the Rye books—so far I have seventeen different versions of this novel)
5. Brainjacked by Brian Falkner (a really interesting concept that is executed brilliantly)
6. Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver (Need I say more? This is one of the most beautifully written YA novels I have ever read. The prose is gorgeous and the story is really interesting as well)
7. Bloom by Elizabeth Scott (This was just a really sweet novel that appealed to me. I whipped through it in a couple of hours and finished with a big smile on my face)
8. 13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher (If you haven’t read this book, read it. Seriously. It’s amazing. AMAZING)
9. Feast of Fools by Rachel Caine (I’ve read all of the Morganville Vampire series—devoured, really—but this one is my favorite)
10. The Bodyfinder by Kimberley Derting (A really interesting concept that she does very well—I’ve got the sequel in my TBR pile)
So, what have you read this year that’s completely blown you away? Leave a comment to be entered to win this lovely Buxom Lipgloss in the shade of Tempest. Oh yes, that too is a pun!
(We're full of them.)
Make sure to leave your email address with your comment so I can contact you if you win! Tracy will be by periodically to answer questions, so feel free to ask some as well!
Giveaway ends March 6 at 11:30 pm PST.