Let's see what's going around here at home base first shall we?
* Mara Purnhagen, author of the Past Midnight series, stopped by this week with a guest post about the research that went into her first book!
* This week I started a one month feature where I dedicate Mondays to sharing blog help! The first tutorial people asked for was how to make a blog button, so I obliged! Have something you need help with? Need a tutorial? Send me an email or leave a comment! Next week is all about cute font on post titles!
* Jennifer Daiker, Alex Cavanaugh and Elena Johnson launched a week long set of posts dedicated to blogging tips! Here are a few of my favorite highlights:
- Elena Johnson answers the question, "What do I blog about?"
- Alex Cavanaugh talks about comments and leaving them!
* Parajunkee continues her amazing blog help with a post that is all about review templates and how to use/create them effectively.
* Irene Zeigler had an interesting post this week book bloggers helping her spread the love of her book, Ashes to Water. She's offering up a way for us to work with her and the library at the same time!
* I loved this article in defense of Violence in Literature and why today's kids are different.
* Teacher...Librarian....Writer had a great post this week on writing Children's books and why you don't have to be a former teacher to do so!
* KidLit shares their take on "The Name Game" and how to avoid it in your WIP.
* This is why I don't clap along via the Oatmeal. I thought this was hilariously accurate!
* I don't generally cuss (unless I hurt myself quite badly) but I must admit I love this song by Cee Lo Green. If you don't mind the use of the "F" word a bit, watch! I promise the song is cute, it really is. Catchy too. If you end up with it stuck in your head...yay!
LOVE LOVE LOVE this video, and now love John Green even more than I did before. Did I mention love?