Welcome, welcome to the
2010 Summer "Beach Reads" Challenge
I'm sure you're asking yourself, but Jessica, what exactly is a "beach read"? A beach read by my definition is any book you'd choose to take with you to a day at the beach. Think something light, airy, perhaps a romance or two? It's really all up to you! Beach reads are what you make them! I've been known to take a vampire novel with me to the beach.... vampires and sand? Yes!
This challenge is being hosted by myself, Raila of Books Out of the Bookshelves, Linna of 21 Pages, and Heather of A Bibliophile's Paradise.
Since we are all hosting this challenge, my blog will be the headquarters (i.e. you'll sign up here, post reviews here, check in here) but interviews, giveaways, contests and more will be going on at the other blogs during the month! I'll keep you all updated on what's happening for the week each Sunday, and the festivities start right here!
Timeline: July 1, 2010 - August 31, 2010
Levels: Remember swim classes? Thus our reading challenge levels!
* Tadpole - Read 4 books in this challenge.
* Minnow - Read 8 books in this challenge.
* Dolphin - Read 12 books in this challenge.
* Shark - Read 16+ books in this challenge!
• You do not have to select your books ahead of time, unless you choose to. You can just pick and choose as you go if that works better for you! We fully support you using these books as crossovers to other challenges, so feel free to participate even if you're currently in another challenge!
• If you choose to participate, please take the button below and put it in your "Challenge" section or on your sidebar. That way anyone else who wants to join can find their way here!
• If you choose to participate, please create an Introduction Post and link it to the Mr. Linky at the bottom of the page, so that we can come and say hi!
• You may join at any time, even if there are only a few weeks left. Welcome amazing readers!
• Prizes will be awarded through mini giveaways and contests throughout the challenge, and a bigger prize pack will be awarded at the end of the challenge!
To get credit for the final giveaway you'll need to link your Intro Post to the Mr. Linky below and link your reviews on the Welcome Post.
You will receive one entry for your Intro Post, one for each review, and if you post your Wrap-Up post on the indicated day you'll receive an extra 5 entries!
Feel free to email me at roses7184(at)gmail(dot)com if you need any clarification, want to donate, or just want to say hi!
Please link directly to your Intro Post in Mr. Linky!